Tuesday 21 April 2009

Going spiritual with Career.

In recent times I have being very quite not doing any write ups as usual on something that is dear to my heart, which is careers.

Most times these have little to do with me instead, it has more to do with other people which I want to see grow in the area of their career.

In recent times I have being seeing things in a different light as regards life generally. Am a strong believer in the power or positive thinking and power of positive confession but nonetheless I want to draw our attention to something, which is more powerful.

Today's topic I titled "Going spiritual with career" is a function of achieving our physical needs having satisfied our spiritual obligation, yes obligation... just one.

Which is what Mathew chapter 6 verse 33 of the Holy Bible has said; I quote the new living version; "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”

Reading from verse 25 of the same chapter it said in its earlier part that "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?....." These material things can be substituted for our dream jobs or our career.

The cross of the matter is that we leave in an in-perfect world with in-perfect people, the only person that can see us through this is only if we put our trust in God by seeking him first and his righteousness, then other things which include our careers our dream jobs shall be added to us.

This has not said stop applying for those jobs and stop sending those CVs, its just a wake up call for us to keep our eyes focus on the one that create, provides and retain jobs.

Feel free to listen to Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo's positive confessions on careers in the link below;
http://www.kicc.org.uk/media/POSConfession1/career.asp

Cheers.
-Segun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Segun,

I just started reading some of the articles and I'm very impressed.

will send you a mail soon.

jadeyemi@ymail.com

Joy Adeyemi(Wale Adeyemi's wife)

comedoes said...

Hey.. segs .
Was looking for a lost friend and i now stumbled on an article of yours..
Can you give me the contact details of Segun @Ajayi.. i think you guys were in @zain together